History of the company
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Heinrichs founded one of the first simulation centers in Germany at the University of Mainz in 1997. Right from the start, the focus was on increasing safety and quality in acute care. Within the framework of a multi-year cooperation with Deutsche Lufthansa, the training courses of physicians, nurses and medical assistants were refined and methods of human factor training for medicine were adapted. From this work, the Simulation Center Mainz was established in 2003 as an independent facility under the name of AQAI GmbH.
"Applied quality assurance in anesthesia and intensive care medicine"
The Simulation Center Mainz is one of the largest private training institutes for patient safety in Europe today. On more than 500 training days per year, AQAI makes a significant contribution to patient safety. In anesthesia, intensive care, emergency medicine, cardiology and endoscopy. In addition to the main focus of the emergency and incident management, comprehensive training and consulting services for the entire health care system, as well as the development of own hard- and software to the portfolio.
We love patient safety
In the past 10 years, we have been able to successfully implement these guiding principles, in addition to anesthesia, intensive care and emergency medicine, in other specialist areas as well. The basis of our work is also the Declaration of Helsinki on Patient Safety in Anesthesiology, which was made in 2010 by all European anesthesiologic specialists.
- Patients have a right to secure medical care
- Anesthesia plays a key role in perioperative safety
- Training, further education and advanced training play a central role, especially with regard to safe care in acute care
- fully supports the development, dissemination and improvement of patient safety training measures
- A trustworthy, partnership-based interdisciplinary cooperation in the team is to be strived for
- Our guiding principle summarizes these points in one sentence: We love patient safety.